Elliott had his first soccer game this weekend. Because we were out the door SO early (his game was at 8:30), I ran out without my camera--my intentions were good though, as I was charging the battery so that I could take lots of pictures. We got to the fields and changed into his uniform, and found out his team name--Orange Crush. Orange Crush played the Blue Sharks, and the Blue Sharks were serious soccer players. The Blue Sharks had about 20 pounds on us. Needless to say, Orange Crush was beat with the final score not said, but if I had to guess was 42-2, with the 2 given to Orange Crush. Usually at practice, Elliott is pretty good about following directions, doing the exercises, etc. However, for the game, he was very distracted, and I don't think he was quite awake (we had to wake him at 8:10). He was on one end of the field the entire time, while the rest of the teams were on the opposite. He had a great time, and we did too! Thank you Uncle Spud for waking up even earlier than we did and coming for his first game!
No comments:
Post a Comment