Friday, June 10, 2011
Summer School
Elliott and I had our first day of summer school this past Wednesday. For those of you who may not know, I am working in the infant classroom at his school for the summer. We had a very long day, as we had to be at school by 8:30 (and we were on time), and didn't leave until 3:30. I wasn't sure how Elliott would do with having me at his school, with no nap, and without his best buddy, M. He did great! We met his teacher, Ms. Shawn, ahead of time, and her very sweet helper, Kate, who is her 7 year old daughter. Elliott LOVES them both, and think Kate is SO cool :) During his year at school last year, he didn't use the restroom AT ALL. In fact, I learned (much later in the year) that he didn't even set foot in the restroom to wash his hands until a few months in. The director did come to my classroom at one point and asked if I wanted to take E to use the restroom--I did, and this was the first time ever he has used the restroom at school! Now we just have to work on going without me :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment